Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Missed My Calling

I think I missed my calling. Having kids means a mother has to be a lot of things, but I'm beginning to think that above all else, I should have studied to be a doctor. Or, at the very least, a nurse.

In the last month, we have been to the doctor, for one child or another, more times than in the last two years combined. How easy it would be if I could just say, "Oh, you've got a stomach flu and you'll stop puking your guts out after it runs its course." Or, "That rash is just an allergic reaction to the nickel in your belt buckle. Put this cream on it and take these pills and you'll be fine and dandy in no time."

This knowledge would have saved me $250 in the last two weeks alone!

And don't get me started on the fact that the child with the rash refused to listen to me months ago when the rash first began when I told her to stop wearing the stupid belt. Who knew that continuing to wear it would cause a full-blown, body-wide rash that would itch non-stop, cause a break-through seizure (she has epilepsy), and require a trip to two different doctors and several medications and lotions?

All in the name of keeping her pants up. Sheesh......

The child with the stomach thing will be going to the doctor today. He's missed three days of school so far this week, pukes randomly throughout the day, and complains of heartburn almost daily after eating. Could be something more than a stomach flu, but without that doctor's training, who am I to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment